Poochies Privacy Notice – How we use your personal information
Last updated May 2018.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will reflect any updates within this notice.
Your information will be held by Top Trenz UK Ltd trading as Poochies Dog Grooming. This privacy notice is to let you know how we promise to look after your personal information.
This privacy notice applies to all individuals or users (“data subjects”) whose Personal Data is processed by Top Trenz UK Ltd (“us”, “we”, “our”) either directly or through the use of our website www.poochies.biz or at our grooming salon (the “Site”).
Who we are
Top Trenz UK Ltd Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 06481792. You can contact us by:
- Writing to – Poochies Dog Grooming, 926 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth, BH9 2DH
- Emailing – email@example.com
- Calling – 01202 533299
Why should you to read this privacy notice?
During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with detailed Personal Data relating to yourself and your dog. This privacy notice is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to your Personal Data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date or birth etc..
In the context of the use of our website and also providing you with our dog grooming services, your Personal Data may include:
- Owner details such as Title, names, address, phone numbers, relationship to the dog, merchant copies of receipts and consent information.
- Your dogs details including name, date of birth, breed, gender, colour, Vaccine cover date, Microchip number, Neutered status, contact with parasites, Behaviour information, heath information, vet details.
- IT information Log Data – Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website, you should do this through the web browser settings for each web browser you use, on each device you use to access the Internet.
Please be aware that some of our services will not function if your web browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your web browser.
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org
(This link will direct you to access an external website for which we have no control over and are not liable for your use of it).
The basis upon which we will deal with your Personal Data
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use your Personal Data only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing it outside our company. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it.
When we speak with you about your dog grooming requirements we do so on the basis that both parties are entering a contract for the supply of Services. In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below.
Alternatively, either in the course of initial discussions with you or when the contract between us has come to an end for whatever reason, we have the right to use your Personal Data provided it is in our legitimate business interest to do so and your rights are not affected. For example, we may need to make contact with you to seek feedback on the service you received.
On occasion, we will use your Personal data to fulfil wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. In such circumstances, we would be processing your Personal Data in order to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your Personal Data. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. We may use your Personal Data for our legitimate interest in order to:
- Manage our relationship with you or your dog.
- Keep our records up to date, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them;
- Develop and carry out a marketing strategy;
- Develop services and defining what we charge for them;
- Support, develop and manage our staff members;
- Fulfil the legal obligations of a UK limited company in terms of record keeping.
The basis upon which we will deal with certain parts of your Personal Data
Where you ask us to assist you with your dog grooming needs we will require your contact details and will ask you information about your pet’s breed, behaviour, health and medical history. This data will be recorded on paper-based customer record cards. We will need what is called explicit consent to process this type of personal data.
How do we collect Your Personal Data?
We will collect and record your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during the course of our initial conversations either face to face or over email with you to establish your circumstances, needs and preferences in relation to your dog grooming requirements. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
Calls are not recorded unless a voicemail is left for us, once listed to voicemails will be deleted.
What happens to your Personal Data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store your Personal Data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Company and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service.
We would like to keep you updated about relevant products and services through a variety of electronic means, including potentially by telephone, email, SMS and instant messaging services (such as WhatsApp). If you do not want to receive such messages, you can ask us to stop sending these at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button in our emails or by replying to our emails with the word “unsubscribe” as the subject.
If you choose not to give us your Personal Data
We may need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this Personal Data, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot provides our Services to you in an efficient manner. It could mean that we cancel a service you have with us.
Sharing your Personal Data
From time to time your Personal Data will be shared with:
- Copies of debit / credit card transaction receipts will be shared with our accountants for the purposes of providing and maintaining company accounts.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities
- From time to time we will take photos of a completed groom and may share this on social media platforms such as face book along with your pet’s name. Before doing so we will seek consent from you.
Please note that this sharing of your Personal Data does not entitle such third parties to send you marketing or promotional messages: it is shared to ensure we can adequately fulfil our responsibilities to you, and as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice.
Security and retention of your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
To ensure that we are able to meet our legal, regulatory and customer obligations, we will retain client information for the following time periods:
- If you become a client and we collect personal information from you then we will keep records of this for as long as you continue to use our grooming services. If you stop using our services, then we will hold your data for up to 1-year to facilitate an easier interaction between us if you re-engage our services within this period.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
- request copies of your Personal Data that is under our control;
- ask us to further explain how we use your Personal Data;
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- in any case where we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
How to make contact with our Firm in relation to the use of your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this document or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact the: Managing Director, Poochies Dog Grooming, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH9 2DH.
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own obligations.